25 Apr 2022
Cedar City Area Hiking Trails
Hiking in Southern Utah is a great way to explore the region and experience the beautiful scenery. You can find everything from arches and waterfalls to ancient forests, narrow canyons, and majestic overlooks. Trails range from easy walks to challenging overnight excursions. Get out there and explore!
Download the Hiking Trails Guide HERE
Use the buttons below to narrow down the trails that you’re looking for to the area you’re visiting.
Here’s What to Expect While Visiting These Trails:
High Mountain Desert and Alpine Climate
- You’re in the desert, bring plenty of water
- You’re anywhere from 5,800 – 10,000 feet in elevation, you might feel a bit winded while hiking
- Check for rain in the area, our slot canyons are incredible, but can also be dangerous due to flash flooding
- Wear the right shoes and plenty of sunscreen
What to do on the Trail
- Stay on marked trails
- Do not disturb or feed wildlife
- Use headphones for music; better yet, unplug and listen to the world around you
- Take out what you bring in, including any trash, human and dog waste
- Be aware of trail conditions
- Many trails are multi-use, watch for bikers and riders on horseback
- Treat others as you want to be treated
Who Has the Right of Way?
- Hikers coming up the hill have the right of way
- Hikers yield to riders on horseback
- Hiking in a group? Hike in single file
- Bikers yield to hikers and riders on horseback
Come explore our backyard and capture a memory or two of your own! When you do be sure to tag @visitcedarcity to share your adventure.
Let WONDER be your guide. #VisitCedarCity