On Fridays, we wear red ❤️ It's Homecoming week for our favorite Southern Utah University T-Birds and as a team with a lot of SUU alumni, we don't want to miss all of the action. And neither should you!
If you're joining us this weekend in Cedar City, here are a few of our suggestions for getting into the spirit and making the most of Homecoming Weekend. Whether you're returning to the nest, new to the flock, or just passing through, let's celebrate!
Homecoming Events | What to Know
It's game day and we're ready to roll! Join us for the annual Homecoming Parade, Tailgate, and of course, game night THIS SATURDAY, September 23rd!
For additional information, maps, and tickets use the link included here: Homecoming 2023.
Saturday, September 23rd Events
- Homecoming Parade | 10 am to 11:30 am at University Blvd in Cedar City
- Homecoming Volleyball vs California Baptist | 12 pm to 1:30 pm at America First Event Center
- Homecoming Tailgate | 4 pm to 5:30 pm at the Softball Field Parking Lot
- Homecoming Football vs. Western Illinois | 6 pm to 8 pm at the Eccles Coliseum
While You're Here | Explore Cedar City Like a True T-Bird
The students and staff of Southern Utah University play a large part in our community. And if there's one thing we know about SUU T-Birds, it's that they love to explore! Get out and explore Cedar City and our surrounding attractions this week like a true T-Bird before settling in for the big game.
10 Places to Explore This Weekend:
- Take a scenic fall color drive through Cedar Canyon, Cedar Breaks National Monument, and Parowan
- Hike the Thor's Hideout Trail through Thunderbird Gardens to find unique rock formations
- Check out the vibrant murals in Historic Downtown (some were even painted by former T-Birds!)
- Read the SUU Land Acknowledgment Statement to learn more about the University's relationship with Indigenous communities of this area before visiting the Parowan Gap Petroglyphs historic site.
- Attend a performance at the Utah Shakespeare Festival
- Visit the Frontier Homestead State Park Museum to learn more about the history of Cedar City and Southern Utah University.
- Take an Art and Sculpture Stroll through campus
- Play a round or two of disc golf in Three Peaks Recreation Area or Thunderbird Gardens
- Take a scenic chairlift ride or hit the mountain bike trails at Brian Head Resort
- Embrace the "University of the Parks" spirit and explore Cedar Breaks National Monument