Who we are: Visit Cedar City · Brian Head is the official destination development and marketing office for Iron County, Utah.
Our mission: Utilizing funds collected from the Transient Room Tax, a 4.25% tax on every night sold in Iron County, our mission is to attract more quality, overnight visitors, to extend their stays and to encourage repeat visits for the economic prosperity of Iron County.
What we do: We engage in development and marketing strategies to improve the Iron County’s visitor economy.
Our values: Creativity, Authenticity, Boldness, Joy, and Family
Our Destination Competitive Position: Easily accessible via I-15, Iron County is the hub for some of our country’s most spectacular natural beauty – the convergence of Utah’s desert red rocks and alpine mountains. Visitors are attracted to our:
- Proximity to some of the United States’ most cherished national parks – Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Capitol Reef, and Great Basin
- Breathtaking vistas, canyons, and rock formations
- World-renowned hiking and mountain biking
- A wide array of immersive and experiential events centered around the Tony Award Winning Utah Shakespeare Festival and Beverley Taylor Sorenson Center for the Arts
- Family-friendly mountain communities with activities for all seasons and all experience levels, including Brian Head, the highest elevation ski area in Utah and the only one with red rock views
- Amazing stargazing, including Cedar Breaks National Monument, a certified Dark Sky Park
- Sports venues and facilities that provide a cooler-weather experience for tournaments and high-altitude training opportunities for skiers, cyclists, and endurance runners